WHY: LED Light Is Your Ideal Choice

WHY: LED Light Is Your Ideal Choice

Utilizing LED lighting technology gives one access to long-lasting illumination as well as improved energy efficiency, revolutionizing the way people and organizations light their space while cutting down on their energy bills and outgoings. If you are seeking to economize energy, LED lighting offers you various advantages, such as:

1. Work Well in Cold

LEDs are especially suited for cold settings, as they are 5 percent more effective in such conditions than traditional lamps. This makes them the ideal option for illuminating refrigerated displays, meat lockers, freezers, cold storage, outdoor signage, building perimeters, and parking lots

2. Flexible

LEDs are extremely small, allowing them to be installed in nearly any device. Initially, they were used as indicator lights on circuit boards, but have since been used in various applications such as traditional-style bulbs or Christmas light-style lines. Despite their size, LEDs can be utilized for a variety of illumination purposes, from a small room to a vast stadium

3. Energy Efficient

LEDs boast high efficiency in energy consumption, as measured by lumens - a measure of light output per power used. On average, LEDs emit more useful lumens with less waste light than traditional lighting technologies, leading to an energy efficiency improvement of up to 70%. This efficiency translates to reduced power expenditure and more savings..

4. Low Voltage Adapted

LED lights are an ideal solution for locations vulnerable to floods due to their low voltage operation. Compared to equipment running at 120 volts, 12 volt electrical appliances reduce the risk of injury from contact.

5. Directional Lighting

LED lighting generates light with a 180-degree angle, providing directional lighting which is ideal for rooms like bathrooms, hallways, and kitchens. Additionally, due to its directional angle and higher efficiency, LED lighting is especially suitable for illuminating artwork as it prevents backlight, eliminates light degradation, and conserves energy. 

6. Long-Lasting

LED lights boast a significantly longer lifespan than incandescent bulbs, which only last up to 1,000 hours. LED lamps range from 50,000 to 100,000 hours, translating to six to twelve years of use - a 40-fold increase in durability. Furthermore, LED lights can outlast sodium vapor, metal halide, and fluorescent lights by up to four times, thus significantly reducing power bills, maintenance, and replacement costs.

7. Suitable For Constant Switching

LED lights offer an immediate on-time and the ability to withstand frequent switching. Unlike metal halide lamps that take time to warm up and fluorescent lights that flicker and take up to three seconds to light up, LED lighting can be activated instantly. Additionally, LED lighting offers longevity due to its ability to resist light degradation caused by frequent switching, making it an optimal solution for devices with light sensors and flashing displays..

8. Adjust The Brightness

LEDs have dimming capabilities from approximately 5%-100%, while other light sources like metal halide become less efficient when dimmed or do not dim at all. Additionally, LEDs are more energy-efficient and have an extended life when used at lower power levels.

9. Neither UV Nor Heat Emissions

LEDs generate substantially less heat than other lighting sources, such as incandescent bulbs, as only 10% of energy is used for lighting, with the remaining 90% converted to heat. Additionally, LEDs do not emit UV light, making them well-suited for illuminating artwork without the risk of degradation or damage caused by UV radiation.

10. Eco-Friendly

Organizations now recognize the need to be environmentally conscious in order to meet customer preferences. LED lights provide a cost-effective and eco-friendly solution to traditional lighting, such as fluorescent and vapor lamps, which require special handling due to mercury content.

Back to blog